I am the Public Relations Coordinator for Visit Franklin and the Williamson County Convention & Visitor Bureau. This is the perfect job that allows me to combine my passion for small town southern culture with my professional passions for social media, news cycles, telling compelling stories and continually learning about the communications industry as a whole.
My approach to every day is to attack it with three goals:
- Be honest in every aspect of my work
- Tell compelling stories in a compelling way
- Have fun and spread joy through my work
It all started at The University of Tennessee at Martin (Go Skyhawks!) where I earned two bachelor’s degrees in Communications and Political Science, with a minor in Travel & Tourism along with a number of internships that have helped lead me to where I am today.
In addition I also enjoy working diligently on my “side hustle” which is sports and event photography. It has taken me to the sidelines of professional and collegiate sporting events around the country and behind the scenes with some of the best performers in Nashville.
I have had the privilege of working with a number of wonderful clients and employers in my professional career, which you can see highlighted on my resume. I have also loved the experience of learning throughout my career and you can see what I’ve learned along the way in my professional story.
- Before my 3rd knee surgery the doc said, “I’m sorry but your half marathon days are over.” THANKS FOR THE MOTIVATI… http://t.co/k2Ra9PCTmK 5 days ago
- Appreciate @titansradio picking up those Hawaii affiliates so we can hear the @Titans while enjoying drinks with um… http://t.co/CZRalP35Et 6 days ago
- @KLThomas88 Me too, it’s terrifying how real it was in those moments! 6 days ago